KNC Community Care provides social support services for older residents of the Northern Sydney region to help them maintain their independence and remain living in their own homes.
Community Care is a Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) funded by the Department of Health.
KNC through its Community Care Program provides help with shopping and transport to essential medical and other appointments for the elderly and disabled residents of Sydney North who are in necessitous circumstances.
Social Community Support Services
- Individual transport to essential medical and personal appointments for people who are unable to manage regular transport
- Shopping bus services are available at St Ives and Galston
- Shopping assistance – personal or by list. Shopping is either done for the client or transport and help at the shops is provided. This service is offered fortnightly
- Companionship – home visits and friendly phone calls to help maintain social contact
- Outings, theatre groups and activities
- Please refer to My Aged Care website or 1800 200 422 OR
- KNC Community Care Coordinator for more details regarding these services and eligibility.
Contact: KNC St Ives Phone: (02) 9988 4966